Masaya Great Danes

Masaya Great Danes
Breeding for Balance, Beauty, Health, and Temperament

Friday, January 2, 2009

Yellow gets cropped and Orange gets a name

I feel like there is a lot to catch up on. I think the most important bit of news is that Orange Collar Boy now has a name. He is going to be Jake from now on. I think this is a great name for this not so little boy.

Yellow went in to get his ears cropped. The vet did a check up on him with a fecal and said his heart sounded good and he was parasite free. He comes home this afternoon. He weighed 16.06 lbs. My scale stopped being accurate on these boys once they reached 11lbs. I actually think black boy is bigger than yellow now and am anxious to see what he weighs. I am going to take him to the vet in the morning to get his microchip and a check up before he goes to his new home.

I think its time that Jake went on a car ride and explored some more, so I plan to make a trip to the pet store with him this weekend. That way I can get a weight on him and he will get some more socialization.

Yellow did very well on his first car ride. I held him in my lap on the ride to the vet. He seemed content. No signs of stress or sickness. Then I held him while waiting at the vet (vet floors scare me). The vet I took him to is really busy and there were many other dogs and cats there. He enjoyed looking around and was very curious about everyone. Of course, everyone had to comment on how cute he was and how big! He was a very good boy for his exam and by the end he had fallen sound asleep on the table.

So far, the weather has been mild enough that the boys are still getting to spend a couple hours a day outside.

No comments: